Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you get one more yard
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part


Amen, Tom.  FlyBoy and I have a lot of plates spinning right now but the hardest part is not the spinning. Its the waiting. FlyBoy is in Hawaii right now interviewing for a job that will, if he gets it, undeniably change our lives.  I hate the fact that he has to travel the last mile alone. And I hate the fact that once the interview is over, there's nothing we can do but wait on a decision made by strangers.

With one day to go, its killing me that FlyBoy is thousands of miles away and I cannot help him, check on him, give him a hug or make him a sandwich.  That said, he's probably happy to be isolated, away from Pixie, the cats, and a hovering wife. Oh and he gets to study on the beach with a fresh plate of poke.  I guess there are worse ways to prepare : ).

FlyBoy, I love you more each day and time has only increased my respect for you - good luck, fingers crossed and do your best. I'm proud of you no matter what happens.  But a word of guidance from my new spiritual leader, RuPaul? "Don't flunk it up."

Wonder if YogaGlo has a "waiting for spouse to finish his big interview in Hawaii" workout?  Yoga mat, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment